Friday, January 1, 2016

#7 from 21 Before 21: Face my fears

I personally do not think I have a lot of fears, just things I would rather not do, lol! For #7 on my list I really thought long and hard on what I could do but in the end I decided to focus on my public speaking/presentation skills.

I have done a fair deal of public speaking and such but right before I go on stage at any event/presentation, I am always hesitant and a bit scared. 

A few days prior to traveling to Ghana, one of my primary school friends, Grenda, called me and asked if I could co-host her charity fashion show called the Splendor Christmas Charity Show. I was hesitant and excited all at the same time and quickly said yes without giving it much thought. As it got closer to the fashion show date, I started to regret saying yes so quickly and thought of calling her on multiple occasions to give an excuse as to why I could not host it.

Being Samuella, I do not believe in disappointing people and not following through so I just closed my mouth and started to make preparations in order to co-host the show. 

Several hours before the show, she told me to be the main host and I thought, wow! I had prepared to be a co-host and helping out from time to time but I certainly did not prepare to host the entire show!

Long story short, the show was an absolute success! Everything went really well and we thank God for giving me the opportunity to host a show. One of my friends, Nameita, was saying I have also added being a host to the many things I do and joked about me putting my booking details in my Instagram bio like so many people do, lol!

The professional pictures are not out yet but here are a few pictures I was able to get from the 2015 Splendor Christmas Charity Fashion Show! If you are interested in donating to the cause, please click here. There are two benefactors this year: Sweet and Honey Children's Home & Echoing Hill Village, a disability center. I hope you are touched enough to donate something, whether big or small, to such a great cause. God bless!

Sincerely,
Samuella






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your experience!