Friday, January 1, 2016

#12 from 21 Before 21: Make a semi-big purchase

Originally, I had planned on buying a car later on in the year but because I am barely home, I decided it was best to save it for later on and decided to invest in a KitchenAid Mixer and a professional camera instead. Since I am really passionate about baking and Samuella's Kitchen is slowly growing, I figured this would be the best time to buy one. After several months of searching online in order to find the perfect KitchenAid, I finally decided on the Artisan Stand Mixer in a silver color and it looks so good!  

I was making a TrĂ©s Leches cake for my Samuella's Kitchen photo-shoot and I was able to make the whipped cream topping in less than 5 minutes! Can you imagine? And I have been struggling with a hand mixer and a regular whisk all this time! When I use my hand mixer to make whipped cream, it takes an average of 15-20 minutes in order to get the right texture but using the Stand Mixer is definitely more powerful and efficient.

The other item I decided to get was a professional camera. I have always wanted one but did not really want to spend the money to get one. Again, after several long hours of searching on Google and getting industry-professionals to give their input, I finally decided on a Canon Rebel T5. 

I am way too excited about these purchases and I cannot wait to get my hands dirty!

Sincerely,
Samuella 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your experience!