Saturday, January 2, 2016

#3 from 21 Before 21: Revisit my roots

My main goal of turning 21 was to go back to my homeland and spend my birthday there. Most people would rather spend their birthday on some Island, which is totally okay, but I really wanted to spend it at home with my loved ones. 

I traveled to Ghana on the 6th of December and left Drexel a week earlier than normal. I notified all of my professors about 3 months prior to leaving and they were all very supportive and allowed me to take my finals a week ahead of time.

Overall, my visit to Ghana was amazing! The only con would have to be the mosquitoes and the unbearable traffic but other than that my trip was really "lit." I got the chance to see my family members, my primary school friends, and I also got the chance to do a lot of touristy things. 

I am not quite sure when my next visit to Ghana will be but I am open to any and all experiences and I cannot wait to see what the future holds. As always, I will keep you all updated on what happens next. 

Enjoy the pictures from Ghana!

Sincerely,
Samuella  





























No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your experience!