Saturday, January 2, 2016

#9 from 21 Before 21: Take a road trip

This item is similar to #19 on my list because taking a road trip to Cape Coast is a definite must for anyone who travels to Ghana. 

Cape Coast is not only filled with beautiful scenery, it also has a RICH history and every time I visit it feels like I am transported back to many decades ago. 

The plan was to visit Elmina Castle and Kakum National Park but on the way we got lost multiple times due to poor signage and by the time we arrived at Kakum National Park it was close to 4pm and they had closed for the day. I was quite upset because I was looking forward to exploring the area but everything really happens for a reason so I give all the glory to God.

The first place we went to was Elmina Castle and even till this day you can still feel what happened there. No matter how old the building gets, I strongly believe what happened there can never be completely removed. 

During the tours our tour guide locked us in one of the cells to experience just a tad bit of what my ancestors went through and I could not stand it. I had to hold back my tears and quickly asked him to open the door.

Elmina Castle is definitely a place to visit if you ever get the opportunity to travel to Ghana. Here are a few pictures from the trip. Enjoy!

Sincerely,
Samuella 






































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your experience!