Saturday, September 26, 2015

Spicy Suya Shrimp

This recipe was very easy to make. I had a bag of already cooked shrimp in the freezer so all I did was defrost it with cold water, washed it with lemon juice and salt a couple of times and dried the shrimp. 

I was in a bit of a rush so I did not allow the shrimp to dry completely (shrimp must be dry!)

I added about 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil to the shrimp and added 3 tablespoons of Suya Pepper. I allowed the shrimp to marinate in the shrimp for a couple of hours.

After several hours in the fridge, I preheated the oven to 375 degrees F and lined an ungreased baking sheet with parchment paper then greased the parchment paper.

I added about 3-4 shrimps to each skewer and arranged it on the baking sheet.

I baked the shrimps for about 30-40 minutes, making sure to turn the skewers every 15 minutes. While the shrimps were in the oven, I added more Suya Pepper (optional) while it baked.

I do not have pictures of the final result, just videos, and Chrome will not allow me to post videos since I recorded it with an iPhone. Sorry! Will post the final result next time! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your experience!