Sunday, April 19, 2015

State of Solitude: Part 1


I thank God for blessing me and surrounding me with friends who can really cook. Honestly. My girl friends and I recently had our first official Girls Night In and in between our platefuls of Jollof Rice, Chicken, Suya, Kelewele (Spicy Diced Plantains), Puff Puff (Bofrot), Brownies and Ice Cream Cake, we finally got the chance to gist. But before then, me, being the square peg in a round hole, had to have a panic attack and could not breathe. It was quite scary but we thank God for good friends who are in training to be medical doctors for resuscitating me!

Anyway, we all got in a circle and went around the room talking about our experiences thus far with boys/men (ya know, usual sleepover stuff) and I was just amazed at how "slick" some boys think they really are. Like, nah bruh, just because we let some things slide does not mean that we are blind.

Granted, maybe, and just maybe, we are the foolish ones for not confronting you from the jump but I speak for some of us when I say sometimes we just don't have the time and energy. Please, there are more important things to address than asking why your ex-girlfriend was lying on your bed because we know you will start playing the victim and give us some long story. Abeg oga please shift and save that story for someone else.

My thing is if you know that you are no longer interested in someone, why would you ever string them on? Why would you fill someone's mind and heart with all of your lies when you know good and well from the beginning that you are really not interested.

Granted your feelings towards someone may change, it happens, but the right thing to do is to tell them straight up instead of beating around the bush and wasting someone's precious time.

I was just really baffled listening to their stories. I swear some people really have no shame. None whatsoever.

How can you say that you are truly a child of God and yet do all these things? How do you even sleep at night knowing good and well that you have someone's heart in your hands and you're just toying with it. 

Are we playing a game? Cause we clearly missed the memo. Me, I just dey observe. 

And so is God. 

Sincerely,

Samuella 

5 comments:

  1. Lol its true sha. Some guys are something else and I'm a guy so I know what my kind is capable of. Whats even funnier is the fact that SOME girls are now becoming even worse that our slick brothers. God is watching o. Oluwa is involved! Goodnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I think girls are just learning to shine their eyes more and more these days! But yes, God is definitely watching. *takes another bite of Jollof* Night!

      Delete

Please feel free to share your experience!